Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 8 Minutes
Total time: 18 Minutes
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Roasted Rava
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Peas (boiled)
- 1 cup Vegetables of your choice, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 inch-piece Ginger, grated
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- ½ tsp Spilt urad dal
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- Roasted cashew to garnish (optional)
- Coriander leaves, chopped, for garnish
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil/ ghee
- Salt to taste
- Heat a shallow pan on medium flame. Add oil/ghee to it. Allow the oil to get heated well. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Let it splutter. The dal needs to turn golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions to this and let them fry till golden brown. Add sliced chilles and grated ginger allowing the favours to soak in.
- Add the boiled peas & chopped vegetables and stir well.
- Boil 3 cups of hot water separately and add it into the pan. Cook the vegetable mix on medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add salt & stir. Now add Pillsbury™ Roasted Rava slowly into the mix with constant stirring. Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the rava is nicely cooked and soft. Rava absorbs the water. Hence make sure not to leave it dry at this stage.
- Garnish the upma with cashews and chopped coriander and serve hot. Upma is a great easy to make breakfast as well as a snack option.