Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 6 Hours
The delicious Trifle Pudding can be served chilled and is a great dessert to relish on.
- 8 tsp Pillsbury™ Custard (for a thicker consistency add 10 tsp)
- 3 cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar (needs to be adjusted according to expected sweetness)
- 2 tsp Clarified butter (ghee)
- Large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 Bananas, peeled and chopped
- Cherries for garnishing (sliced)
- ½ cup Dry fruits (almonds/cashew nuts)
- Fruitcake/sponge cake/yellow cake cut up into rough pieces
- Biscuits broken into crumbs
- Heat a pan on medium flame and roast the dry fruits lightly for 2 minutes until they turn light golden. Turn off the flame and set the roasted dry fruits to cool down bringing them to room temperature.
- Mix 8 tsps of Pillsbury™ Custard Powder into ¼ cup of milk (room temperature) and set the mix aside. Make sure no lumps form in the mixture. Pour the remaining portion of milk in a container and heat it on medium flame, bringing it to a boil. Add sugar to the milk and stir. Mix well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the Pillsbury™ Custard powder milk mix that was set aside into the boiling milk and stir it slowly and continuously. Mixing it slowly and stirring it alongside will prevent the custard from forming lumps. Stirring continuously will also prevent the bottom of the pan from touching. Keep stirring until it thickens and starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let it cool. Keep stirring in between to avoid a film forming at the top layer of the custard.
- Peel the apple and bananas and chop them into small pieces.
- Take a large deep serving bowl and start to prepare the layers of the custard. Divide the custard into 4 portions. Layer one portion of the custard at the bottom of the dish, evenly. Spread bits of biscuits or cookies over the first custard layer to distribute evenly.
- Top with another layer of custard (2nd portion) and then continue with the first layer of fruit (either apples or bananas). Spread some roasted nuts to get a crunchy texture in the pudding. Spread the 3rd portion of custard over the fruits and then layer some cake pieces over it.
- Add the final layer of custard and top it with the remaining fruits, biscuits, nuts and cake pieces. Top the custard with cherry pieces. Place a cling wrap over the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for over 4-5 hours to cool.
- The delicious Trifle Pudding can be served chilled and is a great dessert to relish on.