Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
Foccacia bread is best had at breakfast.
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Pillsbury™ Organic Atta
- Chilli flakes, oregano, salt as per taste
- 1 cup Bell pepper (green, red & yellow mixed together)
- ½ cup Olives (You can also place cherry tomatoes)
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of lukewarm water, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 teaspoons yeast and let it rest for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add 1 tablespoon oil, 2 cups of Pillsbury™ Organic Atta, chilli flakes, oregano as per taste and mix them well.
- Dough should be loose so that when the Focaccia bread is cooked, it’s soft. Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes (While kneading, add some oil on your palm).
- Once it is kneaded well, cover it with a plate and place it aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough again for 2-3 minutes. Take a thick glass vessel, grease it with oil and place the entire dough in it, spread it with hands so that the whole vessel is covered with dough. Dip your fingers in oil and then press the dough with your fingers gently. Then decorate the dough with bell pepper, olives, cherry tomatoes etc. by sprinkling some oil, chilli flakes and oregano.
- Place it in the microwave for 20 minutes at 200 degree Celsius or in an OTG for 20 minutes at 180 degree Celsius and the freshly baked Focaccia bread is ready-to-be eaten with cheese dip.