Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 12 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
Enjoy light and soft idlis made using Pillsbury Rava!
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Rava.
- 1 cup Water.
- Oil for greasing the idli stand.
- Mix 1 cup Pillsbury™ Rava with 1 cup water and whisk it well.
- Allow this mixture to rest for 1 minute. The mixture should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Add 1½ - 2 small glasses of water in the cooker and keep it on a medium flame allowing the water to heat up. In the meantime grease the idli stand with some oil. With the help of a spoon, fill the mixture in each of the idli stand bowls.
- Place the idli stand in the cooker and place the lid on it. Make sure to remove the whistle. Allow the idli to steam for around 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid of the cooker to check if the idli is cooked properly by inserting a toothpick inside the idli. If the mixture does not stick to its surface, then the idli is ready.
- Let it cool for 2-3 minutes and scoop the idli from the bowls with the help of a spoon.
- Pillsbury Instant Mix Rava Idli’s are now ready. Serve them with sambar, coconut chutney and red tomato garlic chutney.
- You can have some variations by adding grated carrot, capsicum finely chopped and oil crackled mustard seed in the batter.