Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
This Mexican cuisine can be enjoyed as a starter or as a snack dipped in some salsa sauce. Pillsbury Atta with Multigrains makes the taco even more healthy.
- 2 cups Pillsbury™ Atta with Multigrains
- 200g Finely sliced Paneer
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Capsicum
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
For the Roti:
- Mix 2 cups of Pillsbury™ Atta with Multigrains with ½ tbsp of Salt and little water. Knead it into a soft and smooth dough. Allow this dough to rest for 10–15 mins. Place a moist muslin cloth or a kitchen towel over the dough so that it doesn’t lose its moisture and turn dry.
- Make dough balls depending on size of taco you wish. Roll a roti from the dough balls with a rolling pin keeping the edges thin. Don’t roll it too thin. Use dry flour for dusting.
- Place a tawa on medium heat and when heated cook the roti. Don’t use oil or ghee.
- Cook one side a little less because it has to be cooked again after stuffing. The side less cooked will be the outer side of the taco.
For the Stuffing:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add chopped onions and capsicum. First fry the onions for a minute, once the onions turns soft add capsicum. Mix it and cook them for a minute.
- Once the capsicum and onion are cooked, add 1 tbsp green chilli sauce, 1 tbsp red chilli sauce, 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp chilli flakes, ½ tbsp red chilli powder. Mix all the ingredients so that they blend properly before adding paneer. Cook it properly.
- Allow the stuffing to cool.
For the Taco:
- On one side of the roti apply ketchup, add the prepared stuffing on half side of roti and place grated cheese over it.
- Fold the roti in the middle so that the stuffing and cheese is covered and toast it in a flat pan on a low flame. Roast it till the cheese has melted and the roti turns crispy from both the outer halves.
- Once the taco has turned brown from both the sides, slide it out from the pan. Serve it immediately to relish on the crispy taco.