Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Uttapam is a healthy breakfast option.
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Rava
- 1 cup Water
- Oil for greasing
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Tomato finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Grated ginger
- Mix 1 cup Pillsbury™ Rava with 1 cup water and whisk it well.
- Allow this mixture to rest for 1 minute. The mixture should neither be too thick nor too thin. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Take another bowl and add 1 cup capsicum (finely chopped), 1 cup onion (finely chopped), 1 cup tomato (finely chopped) and mix them gently and keep aside.
- Add 2 spoons of oil on a non-stick tawa and grease it well. The burner flame must be placed between medium to low. Pour the batter from a top distance and let it move freely. Cover the tawa with a thin layer of batter. After that, turn the flame high. Once you can see that the dosa batter has started becoming golden brown, turn the flame from medium to low and let it cook properly to get a crispy texture to the dosa. Add chopped veggies on top like a pizza.
- Pour a little oil around and on the uttapam. Press the vegetables gently with a wooden spoon to make sure veggies are stuck properly.
- Once the bottom surface turns brown, now flip the uttapam and let it cook the other side on a medium flame. Once the veggies turn little brown, flip the uttapam again.
- Take it out in a plate, sprinkle freshly chopped green corianders and serve hot uttapam with coconut chutney, red tomato garlic chutney.
- Traditionally we add mustard seed tadka in the batter with 5-6 finely chopped curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida that gives you awesome aroma.