Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
Pillsbury chakki fresh atta ladoos are ready to be popped in the mouth as a snack or dessert.
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Chakki Fresh Atta
- ⅓ cup Sugar or 60 grams powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Ghee (clarified butter) at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Raisins - optional
- Grind the sugar in a dry blender to form a powdered mix and set it aside.
- Take a broad pan and place it on a low/medium flamed burner. Add the Pillsbury™ Chakki Fresh Atta and roast it lightly.
- Stir the flour to ensure it is roasted evenly until you get a flavourful nutty aroma from the wheat flour. Roast it for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1/3 cup ghee in the roasted flour. Blend the ghee into the flour by mixing it well. Keep stirring and roasting this mixture for 3 to 5 minutes. After this duration, check the taste of the whole wheat flour. It should taste roasted and not raw.
- Once done, turn off the flame. Take the pan off the burner and add the powdered sugar. Add raisins and mix very well to blend with the mixture. Break any sugar lumps that might have formed in the ladoo mixture. Mix it well.
- While the mixture is still hot and the heat is manageable, scoop a heaped size portion of it in a spoon. Roll the mix as per the desired size. Add a few teaspoons of ghee to make the mixture moist if you find it dry or unable to roll. Mix well and then continue to shape the ladoos.