Prep time: 1 Minute
Cook time: 14 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
Halwa is a traditional dish, made in all parts of the country in different forms!
- 2 cups Pillsbury™ Chakki Fresh Atta
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sooji (optional for good texture)
- 1 cup Ghee
- Some dry fruits – raisins, cashews, almond
- Kesar and cardamom powder (Optional - for aroma of sugar water)
- Place a fry pan on the burner, add 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar on a low flame. Once the mixture is heated properly, add kesar and a pinch of cardamom powder. After one proper boil, turn off the burner and place it aside.
- In another pan, add 1 cup of ghee on low flame and roast almonds and cashews. Once it turns golden, remove them from the pan and keep it aside. In the same pan add two cups of Pillsbury™ Chakki Fresh Atta and ½ a cup Sooji and roast them well. It is important to stir them continuously. Once it is roasted properly it will start releasing ghee and will turn golden brown.
- It’s a right time to add sugar, water, cashews, almond and raisins. Mix them well and keep mixing to avoid lumps. The aroma of halwa will emanate from the dish. Keep mixing until the entire sugar water is soaked well and turns thick.
- It’s ready to be served and is a great dessert option.